Digital marketing for educational institutions has emerged as a magnificent platform to reach out to students and parents over the last few years. The widespread internet usage has pushed the education sector towards web and digital media. Today education is one of the most competitive and sophisticated sectors. The digital world has revolutionized the ways of product consumption by its users particularly in education sector. The increased use of web and digital media has made it necessary for institutions to embark online presence. The most effective technique to accomplish this task is digital marketing.
Online marketing is utilizing various digital channels for business promotion. Websites, social networks, mobile phones, emails to name a few. It assures brand visibility to the target audience. It also improves business’s return on investment.
Some of the important factors to consider digital marketing for educational institutions are
- 93% of students have access to the internet on an average
- 82% of students use mobile devices for research
- 9 out of 10 prospective student access institute websites for information
- 83% of students spent at least 3-4 hours on the internet
- Most parents determine the authenticity and credibility of an institution based on its website and its internet presence.
- Guardians and Applicants check the online portals and reviews before approaching institutes.
- The internet has emerged as a favorite and convenient medium for admission queries and processes.
Benefits of online marketing for educational institutions
Internet marketing employs cost-effective methods of promoting business when compared to traditional marketing. Web marketing techniques like email marketing, mobile marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization return good conversions even for low budgets. It allows educational institutes to target significant audience at a comparatively low cost while achieving greater benefits.
Results are measurable
The digital tools make it easier to track and measure online marketing campaigns. One can prioritize and implement the marketing strategies needed to target the areas and audiences in an efficient manner through the statistics available via tools.
Enhance Brand Awareness
Online marketing is the best way to increase brand awareness. Promoting business on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, enables to reach the target audience, increase followers and conversion rates.
The increased online competition has made it mandatory for institutes to build a reputation on the web. Reputation management can be achieved through promotion of quality blogs, alumni feedback, testimonials, and campus news to attract the target audience.
A well planned digital marketing strategy is must for educational institutes to increase student enrolment, build and maintain a strong reputation, and achieve higher conversion rate and a higher rate of return.
Now is the time for educational sector industry to plan and invest in effective digital marketing strategies.
- Digital Marketing helps in reaching the target audience at a comparatively low-cost
- Online Marketing improves the market reach of educational institutions
- Students get latest information and news about institute campuses
- Parents can collect relevant data and information about institutes
- Internet Marketing improves return on investment for educational institutes